How These Terms Work
1. These terms form part of a legally-binding contract between you and Jo Snowdon Stained Glass (referred to in these terms as “JSSG” – the words “we”, “us”, “our” and similar words also refer to JSSG).
2. These terms apply when you buy something directly from our website (www.josnowdon.co.uk).
3. By buying anything directly from our website, you are agreeing to these terms. Because we can change these terms from time to time, we do recommend that you print off a copy and keep them safe.
4. We want and expect you to be delighted with any purchase from JSSG. If you have any complaints about any JSSG events, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and give us the chance to investigate and, if relevant, try to put things right for you.
5. The terms in this “General Terms” section apply to all purchases made on our website. If there is anything in the “Specific Terms” section below (including the separate terms referred to in that section) which conflicts with these General Terms, the relevant bit of the Specific Terms will apply instead.
6. In these terms, certain words and phrases have specific meanings: Product means anything you buy directly from the website, in this case it will mean a stained glass class. Website means all pages at the domain at www.josnowdon.co.uk we, us, our or related words refer to Jo Snowdon Stained Glass. you, your or related words refer to the buyer of a Product and, as relevant, anyone attending a class.
7. Any words following “including”, “includes”, “for example”, “in particular” or any similar expression are illustrative only and do not change the sense of the wider clause they are used in.
8. To be eligible to buy things from our Website you must be over 18 years of age.
9. If you are placing an order from the Website you must: a. provide your real name, phone number, email address, payment details including invoice address and other requested information; b. where applicable, give us a delivery address (not a PO box number, hotel or other temporary accommodation address); and c. possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us.
Making An Online Contract
10. Your order is an offer to buy from us. When you are placing an order, the following steps have to take place before a contract is made between us: a. After adding what you wish to purchase to your “Cart” and entering your card details, you place your order by pressing the ‘Confirm and pay’ button at the end of the check-out process. Before placing your order, the check-out process will give you the opportunity to review and, if necessary, make amendments to the contents of your Basket. b. You will see an on-screen acknowledgement of your order. You will receive a receipt for your payment and an email confirming your order for each thing you buy shortly after we receive payment from you (“Confirmation Email”). c. We accept your order at the time you receive the Confirmation Email. Nothing that we say or do will amount to any acceptance of your offer until you receive the applicable Confirmation Email, at which point a contract will be made between us unless, before your receipt of the Confirmation Email, we have notified you that we do not accept your order.
11. We may decline your order for any reason, in which case you will receive an email telling you so. If the reason for declining your order is because we cannot obtain authorisation of your payment details for any reason, then we may invite you to pay by another method.
Prices and Payment
12. The prices for Products will be shown on our Website. We use our best efforts to ensure that the prices of Products are correct at the time of being uploaded to the Website. If we discover an error in the price of any Product(s) you ordered, please see clause 15 below for what happens.
13. Although we try very hard to ensure that all information on this Website is accurate, occasionally errors may occur. This is what happens if we discover an error: a. If we discover an error in the description of a Product that you have ordered, we will let you know and ask whether you wish to continue with your order or cancel it. b. Where the Website showed a price which was too high, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Product(s) to you. c. Where the Website showed a price which was too low, and the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing, we do not have to provide the Product(s) to you at the incorrect (lower) price. We will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Product(s) at the correct (higher) price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing.
14. Prices for the Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order which we have already confirmed with a Confirmation Email.
15. The prices for Products shown on the Website include VAT (if applicable) and exclude the cost of delivery (as there is no delivery – you are purchasing an experience). When ordering via the Website, you will see the total cost of your order in your Basket and also be given an opportunity to review and amend your Basket before you submit your order.
16. As stated above, the price of a Product does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges will be added to the price and shown in the total during the check-out process.
17. We currently accept payment for Products by Visa and MasterCard. By placing your order, you confirm that the card that you use to make payment to us is yours and that you have authority to use that payment card.
18. We take payment from your card once your details have been processed, subject to card authorisation. If we are unable to supply the Product(s), we will let you know as soon as possible. We will give you a full refund if we have already taken payment for a Product that we can no longer supply.
19. Payment for the Products and all applicable delivery charges is in advance.
21. Some laws require that certain information or communications we send to you should be in writing. You agree that communicating with you by email, text message, notices on our Website or other text-based electronic methods counts as communicating with you in writing.
22. If any part of our contract with you is found to be unenforceable as a matter of law, all other parts of that contract are unaffected and will remain in force.
23. Any contract we form with you is personal to you. You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under that contract.
24. Nobody apart from us and the buyer of a Product has any rights under this contract.
25. Our contract terms are available in English only.
26. English law applies to the terms of our contract with you, their subject matter and their formation, and the English Courts have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising about those things.
27. The terms in this “Specific Terms” section apply certain types of purchases only, as explained in more detail below.
Workshops and Courses
28. The terms set out in clauses 29 to 30 below apply to Products which are workshops and courses.
29. We must receive payment in full from you and you must receive a Confirmation Email from us confirming your order before you or any of your party can attend an event or course.
30. All members in your party must be punctual to all events and courses. We may refuse you or a member of your party entry to an event or course if you or a member of your party is late. We reserve the right to only admit members of your party whose names you provided as attendees when you placed your order.
31. We will be entitled to require you to leave an event or course if in our reasonable opinion you behave in an unacceptable manner or are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
32. You are advised not to bring any items of special or high value onto our premises. We do not accept responsibility for damage to or the loss of any personal possessions.
33. You agree and acknowledge that cars parked are entirely at the owner’s risk. No responsibility can be accepted for loss of property or damage to vehicles whilst on site.
34. Except in limited circumstances as set out clauses 35 to 38 below, places for events and courses that you order from us are non-refundable.
35. We may cancel any workshop or course due to events or circumstances outside our reasonable control.
36. Although it is rare for us to do so, we may also reschedule any workshop or course at any time.
37. If we do cancel, reschedule or make any changes as described in clauses 35 and 36 above, we will notify you by telephone or by email and will endeavour to do so as soon as possible after making those changes.
38. We will refund you the price of a workshop or course you have ordered or, if applicable, the affected part of it (for example, the cancelled day, or the place for the person no longer able to attend).
39. Our events and courses are held on specific dates with limited numbers. Consequently, the consumer right of cancellation does not apply to orders for these types of Products. You are therefore not entitled to cancel any of our workshops or courses or to obtain a refund in respect of them if you no longer can or want to attend them.
40. However, in certain circumstances we permit you to transfer your booking to friends and family members or to transfer your booking to another course or event, as set out in clauses to below.
41. To amend, cancel or transfer a booking for a workshop or course as described in clauses 43 to 45 below, please contact us as soon as possible. You will need to let us know your order number, contact details, the names of the attendees whose places you would like to transfer (or whether you would like to rearrange the date, where applicable) and details of the workshop or course to which you would like to transfer the place(s).
42. The following terms apply to any transfer of a booking under clauses 43 – 45 below: a. All transfers are strictly subject to availability. b. If we grant a transfer request then you must re-book the relevant place(s) within one week of the date on which we grant the transfer for an alternative workshop or course. Failure to do this will mean you lose your original booking and your right to transfer it.
Your Right to Cancel – Workshops and Courses
43. You can amend your booking for a workshop or course to a different date, for no additional charge, if we have received written notice at least 1 week before the start of the course.
44. If you need to amend your booking for a workshop or course less than 7 days before the start date, you may transfer to a new date of your choice.
45. With less than 7 days’ notice we can either change the name on the booking or we can attempt to resell your place(s). If we are successful in reselling your place(s) then you will receive a full refund. If we cannot sell your place or rearrange the date of your class you will not receive a refund.